Friday, 24 May 2013

Beauty Haul

Hey Dolls! I hope your all having a fab week! I probably don't need any-more make-up at the moment but... Superdrug currently have a 3 for 2 offer across all their make-up and I couldn't resist popping in and getting a few bits and bobs to brighten up my spring/summer make-up.
 Revlon Photoready Cream blush - Pinched
I picked this up as I've been wanting to cry cream blush for a while. I don't always wear blush as I find it hard to blend powder as I'm not very light handed and if I'm honest the bright colours scare me and I worry I'll never be able to blend them out. So I decided to go for a cream blush which has a light coral/peachy colour to it, Revlon are one of my favourite drug store brands so I couldn't see how I could go much wrong with this. I can wait to give it a try.

Maybelline Colour tattoo - On and On Bronze
I have been dying to try this for ages now, they've been hyped up on YouTube and on blogs for a while now and iim pretty excited about using it. I have to admit I was a little confused to the colour I wanted, as in the US On and On Bronze is Bad to the Bronze why they're names are different I don't know but I was looking for the US name, when I realised what was going on I dived for this.

Sleek Contour kit - Light
This product is used quite a lot in the beauty world by many a Guru, as much as I wanted to try this I was sceptical, simply because I have high cheekbones as it is and don't need much of a contour (I tend to use Bronzer) but I did want to give it a try and see if I can pull it off. it does have a highlight in it too which I was in need of, so I'll still get use out of it if the contour doesn't work too well to my advantage.
Maxfactor Lipstick - Pink Brandy
I remember when I worked in Superdrug I always used to swatch this lipstick on my hand and tell myself "I will buy it I will" safe to say I never did until now, the reason for that... its a pinky colour and personally I don't think pink colours really suit me very well, but as its coming to summer I thought I need to actually wear them and see how I get on without being worried about it. So the next few months I'm doing to give it a try its such a lovely colour I hope it looks good!

Nivea Lip Butters - Raspberry Rose and Caramel Cream
I probably have more lip balms than any family would need between them but I could resist these! they have such cute packaging I think any girls eyes are instantly drawn to them. the scent of these are absolutely amazing, and they feel fantastic on the lips. I will review these in more detail later!!

Rimmel Apocalips - Celestial
These aren't exactly new products but I have only just picked this one up recently only because I wasn't a huge fan of the colour range available at the time, but I really wanted to give them a go so I only picked up one I really liked, I went with celestial as its a kind of muted pink it isn't too bright and I think I can pull this pinky shade off better than other pinks. I do actually really love this colour and formula and I'm thinking of getting Apocaliptic which is kind of berry/red colour.
Barry M Gelly - Blueberry & Lychee
I was looking through the nail varnish I had brought with me to uni and found the summery colours I had from last year had gone all gloupy and I cant work with that kind of thing so I went on a hunt for some new nail varnish which was spring/summery I knew I wanted to try the Gelly's I decided on these two colours as I love bright colours but I also love a good nude nail, I only picked two as I knew Barry M were releasing some new colours to range soon which I really wanted as well. So far I love these colours and the formula is fantastic! You really need to try these if you haven't already!
Impulse Body Spray - Loving Words
I am more of a perfume wearing girl days and nights but... I do go to the gym and wearing perfume in the gym is a big no no for me, but I don't want to not wear anything. I also find that all the perfume I own is fairly strong and not the most summery of scents, and I don't always want to wear perfume if I'm just popping out or going to the beach. This was released last year and I picked it up straight away and loved it all last summer, so I picked up another one for this year to keep in my handbag, its such a fantastic scent so light and it does remind me of summer as I wore it all the time!

Right lovely's that's all I brought on my trip to Superdrug, I haven't used everything just yet but I plan to soon! Enjoy the rest of your week!

What have you brought recently? what are your top summer products?

Love Kat x

5 comments:

  1. This post really makes me want to buy new makeup. I like the look of the Sleek face contour set, I may have to have a look in super drug tmrow :)

    http://lovefromhannahxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh you've made me want to but these products.
    I really like the look of the Sleek contouring kit and the gelly Barry M polishes, I haven't tried these yet but I've so many reviews.

    Nice blog :)

    www.hanging-in-my-closet.blogspot.com

    chanelle jade
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sleek contouring kit is soo good! you should try it! And if im honest the Barry M Gellys are possibly my favourite polishes ever!

      xx

      Delete
  3. the sleek contour kit looks lovely! might have to try that out too, have heard good things about it.
    really enjoying reading your blog, have followed you hun
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is so good! you must try it :) Glad you enjoy reading my blog. I'll see if you have one :)

      xx

      Delete