Nars Sheer Glow Foundation Review

Hey Dolls! I'm actually super excited to be writing this post which is probably a little strange right? But when you love a product as much as you do sometimes it's acceptable to be a little giddy. I've been after a  foundation which didn't contain an SPF for a long time, now I know its important to have an SPF either in your skin care or in your foundation, but I wanted something I could wear on nights out and not fear that in the pictures I look like Casper, I originally started my search in the high street but it seems all foundations in either Boots or Superdrug contain SPF so I knew it would be a high end foundation I'd be opting for, which wasn't bad as I hadn't owned one before and was certainly in the market for one, I did tonnes of research into various brands, finishes, textures with reading a lot of reviews etc... I knew Nars Sheer Glow didn't contain any I just really didn't want to spend £30+ on a foundation... but as usual I was watching YouTube and one of my favourite YouTubers Sammi from BeautyCrush was constantly mentioning how much she loved it and within a few videos I was sold! I had to have it.

Like I said I'm not one for spending a lot of money on foundations as I am a student with a tight budget so I popped it on my Christmas list in the hope my mum would pick it up for me, granted she nearly fainted when she saw the price but she knew I really wanted it and luckily for me I unwrapped it on Christmas day with a space NK points card too, Happy Days! I went to my nearest Space NK to get matched up, I was between two shades one which was closest to my face skin colour and one which matched the colour of my chest, I was advised to go with the latter (Deauville) as I would naturally a have a top which sat lower than my collar bone, with the foundation of course blended into my neck.

Anyway onto the foundation. I intended to only use this foundation for 'special occasions' boy did that not happen one bit, from the first time I applied this it became an everyday staple. I don’t find it gives the 'Glow' that the name would suggest I think it is more of a satin dewy finish on the skin. Before I apply this I moisturise with my Garnier Naturals Moisturiser which is super hydrating and creates a perfect base for the foundation to glide onto as I have quite dehydrated skin it can cling to some dry patches but with this moisturiser I've found it works well for me, I my Real Techniques Buffing Brush as I find it works best to buff the foundation into the skin, as I said before I also blend the foundation onto my neck so that it all blends in nicely with my chest as well as my face and neck without a horrible joining line, once applied you can see the dewy finish to the foundation without being too in your face with a glow I think for that reason this foundation would work well for all skin types. The foundation works extremely well for cancelling out any red patches or imperfection in the skin so I don’t have to use too much concealer after this. The lasting power of this is really good, I wear this to uni and have found I can go all day without having to touch up (which I hate to do so much) on nights out its fantastic with lasting power and I've found that it photographs beautifully without the flashback from the camera which is exactly what I was looking for when I found this beauty the coverage is medium to full coverage I would say it’s easily buildable if you prefer more coverage.

I think along with many people the only downside to the foundation is that it hasn't got a pump which is so annoying as I tend to pour too much out and then find I apply a little more than I actually need making it more full coverage and I much prefer medium… even more annoyingly my nearest space NK never seem to have them in stock and they’re not available online at the moment either so I'm having to be super careful with how I’m using this.

Overall I absolutely love this foundation it’s by far my most favourite foundation I've ever tried, when summer comes around I will be picking up a slightly darker shade to match me in the summer months as I don’t think I could go without this for too long. If you’re unsure of the colour matching you can go in store to be matched up and I do believe they offer samples (I could be wrong) Nars Sheer Glow comes in a huge range of shades so you’re bound to find a shade to match your skin tone whether it be yellow or pink toned, For reference I'm shade Deauville and I have light olive skin with yellow/neutral undertones. If you’re in the market for a new foundation with medium – full coverage I couldn't recommend this enough to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment