Whats In My Make-up Bag

Whats in my makeup bag
 I haven't done one of these posts before which is surprising as I love reading them because I'm just so damn nosey and like to see what other people are using. This is going to be what I've been using pretty much all summer as up until recently we've had a pretty spiffing summer her in the UK where the weather has just been so nice. I'm sure this will all change soon when the weather takes a further turn for the worst but we head into glorious Autumn.

To start this is my make-up bag it's so damn gorgeous I got this last Christmas from my aunt, so I'm not actually sure where its from. it's the perfect size for keeping all my products in including brushes for when I'm staying at my boyfriends.
For my base I have been using my Boujour Healthy Mix Serum foundation as I wanted something lighter than my  Nars Sheer Glow which I had been using daily until the weather heated up. I also needed an SPF so protect my skin during the summer, so I dug this gem out to use again as it should probably be used up sometime soon. For concealer I've been using my Nars Radient Creamy concealer (Review here) for a bit of extra coverage on blemishes and for under my eyes.

To keep my eye shadow in place I've used my Mac Paint pot in Soft Orche which has worked magnificently in keeping eye shadow in place all day. Speaking of eye shadow I've been loving my Urban Decay Basics palette on a daily basis and for evenings I've been opting for a light natural eye look using either Foxy or W.o.s all over the lid depending on how I'm feeling on the day, then putting Naked 2 in my crease for a little added definition and if I feel my face needs brightening I've put a little of Venus on the inner corners for a subtle highlight. Sticking with this palette I've been loving using Faint to fill my brows a little as my beloved mac pencil ran out but it's worked as a great substitute. For eye-liner I have been using the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on eye pencil in Zero on my upper water line to define my lash-line a little, and then on my bottom water line I also used the Rimmel scandaleyes Kohl Kajal in Nude to brighten the eyes a little. After a little eye lash curling I then use my Max Factor False lash effect mascara which is great for length and volume on both my upper and lower lashes.

Back to the skin I don't always contour my cheeks as I have quite high cheekbones as it is, that's usually saved for evenings for a little more pizazz so I brush a bit of the Boujour Delice de Poudre powder (which I'm sure I've picked up in a shade too light) over the top of my cheeks and around my forehead and maybe around my jawline to just to bronze up the face a little. I have my Mac Studio Fix powder in there too, the last few weeks I haven't actually been using it as I have slightly more dry skin its not always necessary but I do use it if I feel I need a little more coverage. And last but not least I finish my eyebrows with Maybelline brow drama to set them in place.

Because I've been working a lot I haven't always used the lipsticks that are in my make-up bag, I've been opting for a lip balm because of the change in temperature from outside to a fully air-conditioned shop, its safe to say its played a little havoc on my lips. However if I fancy a little something I've been opting for my Revlon Lip Butter in Pink Truffle which is a nice muted pink/brown shade, and if I want a little colour I use a little of The Revlon Just Kissable balm stain in Romantic.

Well this turned out to be longer than I anticipated but there you go, that's what I've been using the last couple of months, I hope you've found it... insightful. x

No comments:

Post a Comment