May Favourites

May has been an interesting month, I had my birthday I turned a scary (to me at least) 22. I am officially not a student any longer, I opened my degree show exhibition at my University and have caught a Virus which has seen me bed bound for over a week which has been less than enjoyable. 

As I was healthy for the most part of the month I have a few beauty products I've been loving at the moment, and as its been my birthday also I have had a little splash on products. The first thing I've been loving is the Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Pro Pencil in Saddle, this is such a great colour match for me which I have struggled with for a long time and now have found the perfect brow pencil. It is a bit pricey but so worth it, finally having brows which match my hair colour is fab and its so easy to use, anyone heavy handed will find this a doddle to work with.

As the weather has been getting hotter in the UK I decided to buy myself a face moisturiser with SPF this one is the Nivea Daily Essentials Rich Moisurising Day Cream I've mostly been using this on days when I have foundation on which hasn't got SPF in it anyway. I'm not big on heavy SPF creams so I went for something which is quite rich in moisture for my skin but with a lower SPF as it isn't quite hot hot here yet so I'm easing myself in ha. This is really nourishing on the skin and leaves a nice little glow to the skin when not using any foundation on top which is always nice for 'no make-up days'

The last couple of months have been absolutely crazy busy with me finishing uni and needed a toner/clarifying lotion to really clear out my skin as it has just been terrible. I've heard so many good things about Clinique but never actually tried anything before. So I went in for a little consultation and came out with the Clinique Anti-blemish Solutions clarifying lotion, its quite strong so you really don't need to use a lot, I've been enjoying using this in the evenings to really lift any dirt out of my face and occasionally in the mornings to lift off anything from the evening to really clean my skins and its worked great, I really like it although I hope to get a more gentle toner to mix things up a bit.

I decided I wanted to try the Mac Prep and Prime Fix+ spray to try and keep my make-up in place as i do find it can move around a little. I have to say I've fallen in love. I use this before make up as a prep and after to hold my make up in place through out the day, and on the days and nights where I want my make up to last it really has worked my make up looks pretty good come the end of the day which of course is the idea. I've also been using this without make up just as a little hit of hydration and which its lovely for!

I've come back to using my Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette which is probably my most used as the colours are so versatile and wearable. I've been using W.O.S all over the lid with Naked 2 and Faint mixed in the crease to give a slightly deeper cut crease effect and then once that's all blended I then apply a light layer of Venus all over the lid to add a little shimmer. I've really been liking this as its quite light and wearable with a hint of shimmer which looks great in the warmer months.

For my lips I've been using a mix of two lip combo's. all month I have been loving Mac Lip Pencil in Subculture, its the perfect nude lip pencil and matches my lip colour unbelievably well I'm in love with this thing it looks so nice with the make up I've been wearing all month, If I want to add a little something on top I have been using my Channel Rouge Coco Shine in Sophistication which is a lovely light neutral pink/beige/brown this adds a lovely shine to the lip colour and is really nourishing to wear. For something a little more matte I've also enjoyed using Macs Velvet Teddy over the top of the lip liner for a matte look, this again matches the lip liner well being a warmer toned beige colour. x

No comments:

Post a Comment