August Favourites

August has been an interesting month for me. I moved back to my home town which in itself has been challenging. I've had to adjust to living with family again and being away from my friends and boyfriend which of course has its difficulties, however it has been nice to spend some quality time with my family which I hadn't been able to do a lot. But anyway! in terms of beauty, this month has brought along some new items I've been trying out and also some old faves I dug out to give another whirl. These items are the few things I have been reaching for constantly through out this month and have thoroughly enjoyed using, as you shall see.

Davidoff Cool Water Sensual Essence
A perfume to start us off... I use perfume on a daily basis and have found recently that my most beloved (and expensive) perfumes have depleted quite substantially over the past few months so I took it upon myself to use one which I don't often reach for in a hope to prolong my favourite bottles. This one is a much more summery perfume to the rest of my collection which of course is perfect given that its summer. its quite fruity and floral and has a slight vanilla smell too it, its really nice and light which makes it perfect for daily wear and I'm honestly pleased with myself for using one I don't usually wear often and actually sticking to it.

Loreal Infallible 24hour Matte Foundation
I think it's a little strange that I've been reaching for a matte foundation during the summer, but to be honest the weather in UK is so unpredictable matte coverage might be exactly right. I've really liked this this month as it has given me a flawless base and it has the best lasting power I've seen in a foundation from the high-street, the colour match is pretty good although I did fit into two shades which is a little strange but nonetheless its a great foundation and has given me so much longevity and nice looking skin I cant really knock it.

Mac Strobe Cream
This is a product that usually gets lost amongst my collection of things and usually only gets used on nights out. however I've found my skin can loose some of its luminosity underneath a matte foundation (I have dehydrated skin on my cheeks) I started using this on more of a daily basis to add a little more dewyness to my complexion and fell in love all over again with it, it just gives that lit from within look to the skin which for summer is perfect. especially if your using a heavier foundation.

Origins Ginzing Moisturiser
I bought this at the beginning of the month with my boots points. I searched high and low and even went in three times in one week to try and find the 75ml bottle, it was sold out everywhere! I was determined to have this one its so so so worth the extra pound for 25ml extra crazy! I finally found it tucked at the back of a counter and took it straight to the till. I'd been wanting this for a long time and am really enjoying using it, its super refreshing in the mornings and the smell just awakens me and my skin, it sinks in quickly and leaves a lovely base for make up, a little goes a long way with this so it really is great value for money. I highly recommend this beauty! x

No comments:

Post a Comment