Boots Purchases

The last couple of days I have been off work sick with some nasty throat thing, so I'm currently tucked up in bed feeling sorry for myself, hoping it goes away before my birthday this week (fingers crossed) As I've been off sick I needed to go to the Pharmacy and pick up some much needed medicine to help me get better, whilst I was there I had a quick browse down the aisles and thought I would show you a couple of things I picked up, I didn't get much as a lot of the make up pieces I wanted were out of stock in my shades (typical) The weather here in the UK has been amazing the last few days its actually warm enough to leave the house without a jacket which is always a nice surprise as it happens so rarely. 

I wanted a body oil I could use to add just a little more moisture to my skin and just give it a bit more of a glow on the days I need to have a little more skin out, I picked up the Palmers Cocoa Butter Moisturising Body Oil currently (£3.59) Palmers is one of my favourite skincare brands I use the normal body butter on a daily basis as it gives so much hydration, so I had no doubt in which oil to pick up and give a go. I'm currently sat with it sinking into my legs as we speak and it feels so nice, its left a good looking sheen to the skin, very J.Lo esc and its sinking in quite quickly which is always good! this one currently has a thumbs up from me.

I also was in need of some new nail varnish as I have taken a break from getting my nails done, it really is an expensive habit to have. First up I picked up the Loreal Nail Laquer in 114 Nude Demoiselle (£4.99) it's a really pretty nude colour with a very slight hint of pink in it, I chose this one as I thought it would look great with a tan. I never pick up shades like this as they never have much pigmentation and you have to layer and layer them up to get an opaque colour in them and I'm sorry to say that its the same with this one, I think I must have put 5 layers of this stuff on my toes and they still look quite streaky, I'm not sure whether I've put it on to thick or what but it just doesn't look great so far, I'll have a play around with it but at the moment my thoughts on this aren't great. 

I also picked up one of the new Barry M Coconut Infusion Polishes in Laguna (£4.99) This was the prettiest shade they had of the ones in the range, its a pale muted mint blue shade and will look amazing with a tan this summer. I really love it and I haven't even put it on yet but its the kind of shade I wear all summer. I was pleased to see that they have finally changed their brushes (at least for this range) they are slightly thicker which will make it easier to get an even coating of polish on the nail. I'm looking forward to giving this one a go soon. Maybe I'll change the Loreal one for this one... Choices choices.

Let me know what you've picked up recently to ready yourself for the summer, I'm definitely in need of some new things, especially as a treat for my birthday! x

No comments:

Post a Comment