Favourites

The only thing going by quicker than these months is my bank balance... I mean am I right?
I have neglected my blog the last few months for various reasons which I will explain in another post. These favourites are more of an accumulation of favourite products from the last few months where I've been absent but still favourite worthy products, it may be quite lengthy so maybe grab a drink and have a little read.

First up is the Charlotte Tilbury Light Wonder Foundation, I bought this thinking it was a lighter coverage base which would have been ideal for the summer weather, but that's not necessarily what the name suggests. From what I've gathered it's more for the Deweyness of the product. This does pack some serious glow in a tube and is a light/medium coverage foundation, when applied with a brush it's much heavier however when applied with a beauty blender you can get a much lower coverage, it's given me such a healthy looking complexion without looking oily.

I was bought me some of the Kyle Lipkits for my birthday a couple of months ago and I have been thoroughly enjoying the shade in Koko K for summer, it's a lovely muted pink shade which looks gorgeous on, I do find I need to apply balm before and part way through the day but that's not too much of a problem for me. 

I'd been using the Bobbi Brown Perfectly Defined Brow Pencil for over a year now (crazy right) but I loved it so much I didn't feel the need to change it, until it started running out so I've left it in my reserve make up bag at my boyfriends to use there, I wasn't sure what to buy in place of it so opted to try the NYX Micro Brow Pencil brow pencil in Ash Brown and I can honestly say I'm in love with it. It's a perfect match for my brow hairs and is the perfect consistency of not being too hard or too waxy, you can really design the shape of your brows and pop in brow hairs to make a more natural brow, it's super quick to use and is a form favourite of mine for brows, this will be repurchased when I can hunt down my shade again *sighs*

The Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream was a purchase I took a lot of consideration over due to the high price point. However I was after a super hydrating cream as my skin just seems to getting more dehydrated with the warmer weather and this had such great reviews I just took the plunge and hoped for the best. And the best happened, it's so hydrating and thirst quenching I can't quite believe it, my skin feels so nourished and doesn't feel tight throughout the day even with a heavier coverage base, I do really like this cream especially if you have dry skin. I do feel it has a slightly processed smell to it..? If you've used it you'll know what I mean but you can read my full review here.

My mac lipstick collection seems to consist of mostly of bold colours, I have a few nude shades but I thought I could do with another so I treated myself to Mac Modesty. Its the most perfect pinky/nude shade which looks gorgeous on, its perfect for daytime use which is what I use it mostly for but it would work so well for night time if you have a slightly heavier eye make up going on and wanted nude lips. It's so lovely its definitely my go to for work. I've also fallen in love with my Mac Mineralize Skin Finish in Soft and Gentle. I picked this up a few months ago and absolutely love it. It gives such a fabulous champagne glow to the skin, this can be quite full on but in my opinion if your going for that summer glow which I certainly have been you just cant go wrong!


For the last few months I have been loving using body oil on my skin, I have of course chosen the Palmers Moisturizing Body Oil as Palmers is my absolute favourite brand for adding moisture to my body and hair, this oil sinks in so well to the skin and leaves the most amazing glow to the skin, which I've been loving especially for my legs on the occasions I've had them out this summer. If your looking for an affordable body oil I'd definitely give this a go, and a little goes a long way so its super good value for money.


As for my non beauty favourites this month I actually have some this time around! Despite certain things in life not being great I had an amazing couple of weeks with my friends, first up we went  to Boardmasters festival in Cornwall, it was so good, such a good mix of music which is perfect for my group of friends as we all like different types of music. There is of course the surf festival which was awesome to see. I had the best time letting my hair down and spending quality time with the best friends a girl can have! The following weekend me and my friend Jasmine went to V Festival for the day. We  went to the Justin Bieber day which was awesome! It was super weird going for the day but it was so good and we saw some awesome acts!
Last but not least the latest book in the Harry Potter Series, The Cursed Child is of course in my favourites. I had this on pre-order for months and on the day it was released I went down and collected my copy! I was so excited and read it so quickly! To get another glimpse into Harry's life after falling in love with the story so long ago was so existing! I felt like a child again ha! its such a good read and its so nice to be able to read more from the Harry Potter story and see how Harry has grown up attempting to manage his own children! Its made me super excited to go and see The Cursed Child in theatre later this year! If your super crazy and haven't read it yet, go and pick up a copy!

That was super long... If you made it to the end I hold my hand up to you! x



No comments:

Post a Comment