Friday, 14 October 2016

Monthly Favourites

So I wrote this whole post out a while ago on my commute to work and it didnt save... please tell me why because I just don't know. So apologies for the lateness of the monthly faves but here it is nonetheless...

As I'm getting older I feel I need to take better care of my skin, especially around my eyes. My skin hasnt dramatically changed but I feel it will change soon as I'm nearing my mid twenties so I opted for an eye cream as more of a 'preventative' step in my routine. eye cream is something I've always fallen in and out of love with and typically forgot to use until I found this little pot of dreams. The Kiehls Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado. I've been using this for a few months now and absolutely love it, its a rich creamy texture which I feel is best dabbed onto the eye area. a little goes a long way with this so you only need a small amount. I use this both morning and night, which leaves the skin around my eyes feeling plumped and hydrated and ready for a full face of make up. This small pot has lasted me months and I still have some left so I think its great value for money, especially as there is a bigger tub of this available too.

I never saw the point in spending a lot on lip balms but the past year I just haven't been able to find a high street balm to meet my needs, I think its a mixture of the change in weather and the fact i work in a very air conditioned building which makes the moisture in my lips go crazy. I decided to give the cult product a try, that being the Nuxe Reve De Miel balm and I'm so glad I did! I use this at night time and before applying my make up to help prep my lips for any lip products I'll be using. I cant get over how amazing this is and that its taken me so long to pick it up! it so nourishing my lips feel instantly hydrated and prepped for the day, its really helped to relived dry lips with the change in seasons. its a very thick formula and smells divine, it almost smells lemony like lemon curd I think which I'm quite a fan of. With this at my side im not so afraid of tackling to cold winter months!

Next up is my Beauty Blender, believe it or not this used to be a red carpet red... but all the colour has ran out of it with the washing process which is very disappointing. But that put aside I have been loving using this to apply my base make up, it just gives the most flawless, problem free application. I don't know what it is about this particular sponge but it just works wonders in giving a gorgeous finish to the skin. if you haven't yet tried the original beauty blender I recommend you give it a try.

Finally is my September issue of Vogue. I'm not a huge magazine buyer, I tend to keep hold of them forever and they just take up space but I really wanted this issue as Victoria Beckham was on the cover with a letter written to her younger self which I loved reading. With the release of her collaboration with Estee Lauder released shes been all over the place and as weird as it sounds I've loved actually hearing her speak and give her opinion. I can officially say shes not only my favourite spice girl but I'm also a big fan of her, just her.

Sorry again for the late posting of this but what can you do! x

No comments:

Post a Comment